Score: Lubbock Christian 6, Rogers State 0
Records: Lubbock Christian (6-2-1, 4-2-1), Rogers State (4-5-1, 1-5-1)
Location: LCU Soccer Field, in Lubbock, Texas
• LCU produces their highest offensive output of the season with six goals.
• Eight different Lady Chaps contributed offensively, with Haley Knesek (1g,2a) and Kate O’Gara (2g) each leading the Lady Chaps with four-point performances.
• LCU’s Sarah Palmer claimed her sixth shutout of the season and it came on two saves. It is her third consecutive shutout.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• LCU led 2-0 at the half after a pair of goals 4:20 apart by O’Gara, with her first coming 19:13 into the contest.
• The Lady Chaps produced four goals in the second half, with each tallied by different individuals. Claudia Sanchez scored 1:23 into the second half and Knesek converted on an opportunity 1:26 later to build the lead to 4-0. Jamie Boone scored in the 72nd minute and Hollie Windham closed the scoring with a goal as 5:48 remained.
• RSU did not have their first shot until the 52nd minute and their first shot on goal until the game’s 62nd minute.
• The Lady Chaps out-shot RSU 36-4 (17-2 on goal) in the game. LCU has combined for 165 shots and 58 shots on goal in their last four games. Prior to the mark, LCU had a total of 67 shots and 31 shots on goal in their combined first five games.
• LCU recorded their sixth shutout win of the season. The shutout was LCU’s 36th shutout overall in program history. The program single season record for shutouts is seven, which has been completed twice (most recently 2014). Palmer is a shutout away from matching Lauren Story’s 2014 single season program record for shutouts by a goalkeeper.
• With three consecutive games resulting in a defensive shutout, LCU has now gone a season high 304:39 without allowing a goal. The LCU program record for a shutout sequence is 378:56 (2010) and the program's goalkeeper shutout sequence record is 351:51 by Kayla Wilkinson (Palmer is also currently with a shutout sequence of 304:39).
• At halftime, Arian Parr, Pugh and Boone were recognized as part of Senior Day.
• The Lady Chaps move to 22-9-1 all-time in Heartland Conference games and 14-2-1 in Heartland Conference home games.
• With the win, LCU moves to 5-0-1 at home this season and is now 29-6-5 all-time at home under Alex Denning. They are 32-14-7 all-time overall at home. LCU is unbeaten in their last 15 home games (12-0-3).
• LCU improves to 4-2-1 all-time against RSU and LCU is unbeaten against the Hillcats in the prior five meetings (4-0-1).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
6: The Lady Chaps six goals are the most since scoring six against Rogers State last season (6-2 on Oct. 8, 2015).
Lubbock Christian (6-2-1) will head to Denton, Texas Tuesday for their first ever meeting against Texas Woman’s University (5-4) for a non-conference tilt. It will be a matchup between LCU’s only head coaches in women’s soccer history. Current head coach Alex Denning facing former Lady Chaps head coach Babak Abouzar.