Score: Lubbock Christian 2, Wayland Baptist 0
Records: Lubbock Christian (2-1-0), Wayland Baptist (0-2-0)
Location: Hilliard Field (Plainview, Texas)
• The Lubbock Christian University Lady Chaps jumped back on the winning wagon Monday evening in a 2-0 win over former conference rivals Wayland Baptist University.
• LCU exploded for a season high 28 shots in the contest and matched a season high 11 shots on goal.
• Senior Kate O'Gara had a memorable night, scoring the Lady Chaparral's first goal in the first half and serving up an assist to Cara Hunt in the second half.
• The Lady Chaps racked up 11 corners for the game, 10 of which came in the second period alone.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Kate O'Gara struck first in the 31st minute when a rebound deflected from the Wayland Baptist keeper. The goal was her second of the season and the 10th of her career.
• Cara Hunt connected for her first goal of her collegiate career in the 60th minute on a pass from O'Gara.
• Hannah Wise made two saves on the night to tally her second shutout of the season.
• The win moves the LCU women to 2-1-0 on the season and builds momentum before the Lady Chaparrals move into Heartland Conference play.
• Wise's shutout was the 40th all-time in program history and the 31st all-time in the Alex Denning coaching era.
• Lubbock Christian is now 4-1-1 when facing Wayland Baptist. All four of their wins have come on WBU's home turf.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
18.3: Lubbock Christian has made a point of enforcing their offensive efforts this season. So far, they have averaged 18.3 shots per game and have totaled six goals on the 2017 campaign.
The Lady Chaps will look ahead to Thursday night, where they will open up their Heartland Conference season against Oklahoma Christian University. The match will take place on OC's Eagle Soccer Field in Oklahoma City, Okla. The previous meeting ended in a 3-3 draw on Eagle Soccer Field, where LCU scored two late goals 1:02 apart in the final moments of play.