Score: Lubbock Christian 3, Oklahoma Christian 0
Records: Lubbock Christian (3-1-0, 1-0-0), Oklahoma Christian (1-2-0, 0-1-0)
Location: Eagle Soccer Field (Oklahoma City, Okla.)
• Lubbock Christian University women’s soccer improved to a 3-1-0 record for the season and a 1-0-0 record in Heartland action Thursday evening following a strong 3-0 win over Oklahoma Christian.
• The Lady Chaps scored all three of their goals within 10 minutes of each other late in the second half.
• LCU marked 27 shots for the evening and a season high 13 shots on goal for the game.
• Audra Park had an interesting line for LCU, as she recorded a goal, an assists and a yellow card.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• After a 64 minute scoring drought, Park ripped a shot from 20 yards out for the game’s first goal.
• Just 74 seconds later, senior Claudia Sanchez tucked away a cross from Diana Sifuentes. Sanchez’ goal came from inside the six yard box to help the Lady Chaps double their lead.
• Allison Scott scored the final goal in the 73rd minute on a tap in. Scott’s finish came from an assist by Park, who once again got her name in the box score.
• LCU’s win extends their Heartland Conference opening match win streak to 4-0-0 all-time.
• Hannah Wise’s shutout victory was her third of the year and second in a row. The clean sheet also served as the program’s 41st all-time.
• The Lady Chaparrals now stand 7-0-1 in their series against Oklahoma Christian. The win matches a 3-0 win at OC (11/1/14) for the largest victory at Eagle Soccer Field.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
19: Claudia Sanchez stacked on her career 19th goal. The senior has racked up 42 points in her four years with the Lady Chaparrals.
Lubbock Christian will now turn their attention toward Southern Nazarene University, where they will play the final non-conference contest of the season. The match will take place at Wanda Rhodes Soccer Complex in Bethany, Okla. LCU holds a 0-2-0 record against the Storm and have recorded one goal in the series. The two squads are former conference foes from the NAIA’s Sooner Athletic Conference.