Score: Lubbock Christian 0, No.5 St. Edward’s 0 (2OT)
Records: Lubbock Christian (4-1-1, 1-0-1), St. Edward’s (3-0-2, 1-0-1)
Location: LCU Soccer Field (Lubbock, Texas)
• Lubbock Christian University Lady Chap soccer moved to 4-1-1 overall on the season and 1-0-1 in the Heartland Conference standings with a 0-0 double overtime tie against a No. 5 St. Edward’s program Thursday afternoon.
• The Lady Chaparrals recorded eight shots, three on goal, while holding SEU to seven total shots.
• Hannah Wise recorded her fifth shutout of her career. Wise also tallied three saves in her effort.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Though the match remained scoreless after two overtime periods, freshman Zaida Lopez led the Lubbock Christian offensive charge with one shot on goal and four shots for the day.
• The Hilltoppers out performed the Lady Chaps in corner kicks, drawing nine while allowing LCU’s four.
• Hannah Wise’s three saves were spread out throughout the game. Wise made a save in the first half, second half and a final one in the last period of overtime.
• The tie marks the first time in program history that the Lady Chaps have recorded a non-losing result against a ranked opponent. LCU now stands 0-10-1 all-time and 0-5-1 under head coach Alex Denning against ranked foes.
• LCU played their first 0-0 draw in program history. Meanwhile, the contest was SEU’s second straight 0-0 result.
• The Lady Chaps are now 0-6-1 all-time against the Hilltoppers.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
397:31: Wise’s shutout sequence improves to 397:31 giving her the program’s new all-time record. Wise’s performance surpasses Kayla Wilkinson who previously held the record with a sequence of 378:56 (2010).
Lubbock Christian will now look ahead to a Saturday afternoon Heartland Conference tilt with Dallas Baptist University. The Patriots lead the series with a 5-0-1 record. Dallas Baptist won the previous meeting 3-0 in the Heartland Conference Tournament last season.