Score: Rogers State 1, Lubbock Christian 0
Records: Lubbock Christian (1-4-0, 0-1-0), Rogers State (4-1-0, 1-0-0)
Location: Soldier Field (Claremore, Okla.)
• Lubbock Christian University fell to a 1-4-0 overall record and a 0-1-0 record in Heartland Conference play with a 1-0 loss in Claremore, Okla. against Rogers State University.
• Parker O’Quinn made his second start in goal for the Chaparrals Thursday evening. O’Quinn made seven saves for the day giving him nine total saves on the year.
• Sophomore Conner Dean marked the Chaparral’s lone shot on goal in the 16th minute of play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Rogers State was able to convert a set piece in the 99th minute from 22-yards out.
• The loss drops LCU to 3-2-0 all-time in Heartland Conference openers. Their last loss to kick off their conference schedule came in a 2-1 defeat to St. Mary’s University (10/1/15).
• LCU has not played in an overtime period since a 1-1 draw with Texas Permian Basin (10/22/16) at LCU Soccer field last season.
• The Chaparrals are now 8-6-9 all-time when taken into an overtime period.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
.900: O’Quinn’s seven saves gives him a .900 save percentage for the season. He has allowed one goal in two starts and holds a 1-1-0 record.
The Chaparrals will now head to Wichita, Kan. for a showdown against Newman University Saturday, Sept. 16.Kickoff is set for noon at Newman’s Wilkins Field. The previous meeting ended in a double overtime scoreless draw. The Jets narrowly lead the series with a 2-1-0 record.