LUBBOCK, Texas – Lady Raider Basketball makes the trek to No. 19/20 West Virginia for a midweek matchup on Wednesday. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. CT
Venue: WVU Coliseum
Place: Morgantown, W.V.
Opponent: West Virginia
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 24
Tip-off Time: 6 p.m. (CT)
Radio: 107.7 FM
Talent: Mark Finkner (play-by-play)
The game will be streamed live on WVUSports.com.
· This is the 12th meeting between the two schools. The two never met before West Virginia joined the Big 12 during the 2012-13 season. The Mountaineers lead the all-time series 6-5 and has a 3-2 advantage when playing in Morgantown, WV.
· The two split the series last season, each winning on their home courts. In the last meeting, The Mountaineers defeated Tech, 89-79, in Morgantown. Four Lady Raiders scored in double figures led by Ivonne CookTaylor how posted 19 points, five rebounds and three steals.
· Last season, the Lady Raiders took down #19 West Virginia, 75-66, marking the first win over a ranked opponent since Jan. 19, 2013 when Tech defeated #21 Kansas inside the USA.
· Tech went 1-1 last week, picking up its first conference win of the season over Kansas on Wednesday. The win was also the first road win since the 2015-16 season. The Lady Raiders fell to #9 Texas, 90-39, on Saturday.
· West Virginia enters the matchup after defeating Iowa State, 69-59, in Ames.
The Lady Raiders travel to Oklahoma State on Saturday to wrap up the 2018 series with the Cowgirls. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. in Stillwater.