ORLANDO, Fla. – The Lady Raider Tennis team finished out the Orlando Invitational on Sunday with five match wins against NC State and Kansas.
Senior Felicity Maltby improved to 2-1 on the season with a 6-4, 6-3 victory over No. 23 Anna Rogers (NC State). It was her second ranked win of the weekend.
Freshman Kennedy Bridgforth captured a 6-2 win in set one before Bianca Moldovan (NC State) came back to tie the match with a 6-3 victory in set two. Bridgforth sealed the win with a 6-2 set three to improve to 2-1 on the weekend.
Newcomer Nell Miller earned her first win over a ranked opponent after defeated No. 111 Alana Smith (NC State) in three sets (6-4, 4-6, 6-2).
Lana Rush moved to 2-1 on the season after a comeback, three-set win over Amanda Rebol (NC State).
In doubles play, Reagan Collins and Olivia Peet paired up to defeat Kansas' Nina Khmelnitckaia and Julia Deming, 6-3, for the lone doubles win of the day.
ORLANDO INVITATIONAL RESULTS – Sunday, Jan. 13
No. 18 Texas Tech v. NC State - Singles
1. No. 52 Felicity Maltby (TTU) def. No. 23 Anna Rogers (NC St): 6-4, 6-3
2. Nell Miller (TTU) def. No. 111 Alana Smith (NC St): 6-4, 4-6, 6-2
3. Adriana Reami (NC St) def. Denise-Antonela Stoica (TTU): 6-3, 6-2
4. Liz Norman (NC St) def. Francesca Sella (TTU): 6-4, 4-6, 6-1
5. Kennedy Bridgforth (TTU) def. Bianca Moldovan (NC St): 6-2, 3-6, 6-2
6. Lana Rush (TTU) def. Amanda Rebol (NC St): 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
7. Linda Huang (Rice) def. Olivia Peet (TTU): 7-6, 6-2
8. Natalia Nikolopoulou (NC St) def. Sydney Jones (TTU): 6-4, 6-2
No. 18 Texas Tech v. No. 16 Kansas - Doubles
1. Smagina/Koch (KU) def. Bridgforth/Rush (TTU): 6-4
2. Ngounoue/Toran Ribes (KU) def. No. 38 Maltby/Miller (TTU): 6-3
3. Collins/Peet (TTU) def. Khmelnitckaia/Deming (KU): 6-3
The Lady Raiders continue the 2019 slate on Thursday as they face SMU for the first dual match of the season. First serve is set for 1 p.m. in Dallas.